A city building official was under intense pressure from elected officials over poor service complaints by contractors. Common complaints included:
- Long wait time
- Unprofessional staff
- Lack of staff knowledge
- Variation in answers
Our kiosk system was deployed to their three locations with one at each customer service station allowing every permitting customer the opportunity to provide real-time, anonymous feedback.
The kiosk survey questions focused on permitting staff’s performance AND feedback on policies approved by the city.
The results immediately revealed very high levels of customer satisfaction with city permitting staff.
- High participation – Almost 1,000 surveys monthly
- Wait time – Over 98% satisfaction
- Staff professionalism – Over 99% satisfaction
- Staff knowledge – Over 99% satisfaction
Customer satisfaction with existing city policies was good, but not great. The information gave city leaders:
- Confidence in staff’s performance
- Confidence that wait time was not an issue
- Opportunity to re-evaluate existing building code policies and fees